|Photo: Strawberry Jam Recipe|
1 Kilo strawberry
5 Cups sugar
1 Tbs lemon juice
- Clean strawberries and place in a bowl alternatively with sugar to have several layers (last layer should be sugar).
- Cover with plastic cling and refrigerate for one day.
- Place strawberries with its juices and the lemon juice in a heavy-bottomed pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and let cook for 5 minutes. Drain strawberries then reduce syrup for 30 minutes.
- Add strawberries, bring to a boil for 10 minutes then remove from heat.
- let cool then pack and seal in sterile jars and refrigerate.
Strawberry jam doneness test:
- Place 1 teaspoon of jam in cold plate in the refrigerator for few minutes, if jelled then it`s done. If not, continue cooking until completely done.
Save and share Strawberry Jam Recipe
Want to share this recipe with your family and friends? Click the button below to send them an email or save this to your favorite social network.